Sunday, April 08, 2012

Egg day!

The Easter bunny hauled her ass out of bed at 5:30 this morning to put out the 50 some eggs for the girls to hunt for. Not exactly passing along a survival trait, but it makes for a fun morning. I'm going to have to call mum and tell her to come early I think. There was a high level of excitement from the under five set yesterday, and I think our brunch might have to be a breakfast.
Tomorrow the sis-in-law arrives with hub and dot. They at staying at a hotel, but I'm still seeing our house through hostess eyes and cringing about the chipped paint in the door frames and lino that needs to be replaced etc. Yesterday was spent returning things at Ikea, power washing the flagstone, and washing dogs, except for a brief interlude podcasting, which I was completely brain dead for and probably should have passed on. Sigh.
I've been planting the driveway farm. Have beans, carrots, peas, potatoes, corn, and tomatoes in. These are all in very small numbers, mind you. The asparagus has been coming up, but never in quantities large enough to do more than supplement what we buy at the store. I am excited about this year, hoping it does better than last year.
Oop, one child awakes! Not the one who will bounce out of bed ready for the egg hunt, but this means I need to get going.

No comments: